20 December 2013

7 Unanswered Questions about Flights

Hey!

So... I was on hiatus :(

But here is a new post on Seven Burning Questions about Air Travel by Kara Kovalchik

I got it off mentalfloss. Side note: I used to surf mentalfloss everyday of my teenage life and early uni days... Sweet, sweet, youth.

Back to the article, here are two questions I thought were most interesting as a preview for you guys:

WHY MUST YOUR SEAT BE RETURNED TO THE UPRIGHT POSITION?
So that in emergencies, people can run for their lives leave their seats and exit the plane easier.

WHERE DO AIRPORT CODES COME FROM?
It depends either depends on the location of the airport (Boston is BOS, Miami is MIA) or the history of the airport. For example, the airport in New Orleans is coded MSY because it was previously the Moisant Stock Yard. (Also, this is what a stockyard is)

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment